Google’s feature to remember your username and password can be very handy at times. This feature makes it easy for you to just log into any website and never worry about remembering the password.
It saves time while logging into any website and you also don’t need to fret over recalling all the passwords from your more than a dozen accounts.
But sometimes you may feel that you do not want Google to save all your passwords. Either you have made a new account and did not want to remember the old one or you have forgotten the password. In this case, you will need to know how to delete saved passwords from chrome. So, do not fret. We are giving you instructions that will help you to delete your passwords from Google.
Delete Saved Password from Google on Desktop
- Type myaccount.google.com in the browser and open your Google account.
- Select the ‘Security’ option which will be present in the left sidebar.
- On the main screen visible, scroll down to the end. You will see the option of ‘Signing in to other sites’. Tap on ‘Password Manager’ under this option.
- Look for the site whose password you want to delete and hit on it. Google may ask you to enter the password for verification.
- Google will show you your username and password for the selected site. Then you have to hit on ‘Delete’.
- Click on ‘Delete’ once again when the pop-up warning comes. This is the last step to remove saved passwords from Google.
Even after this if you want to delete any more passwords from the Google Chrome manager then you have to repeat the above steps once again.
How to Delete Saved Passwords on an Android Phone?
- To delete or view saved passwords on your android phone you need to open the chrome Application.
- You will see three dots on the right side of the Address bar. Hit on it.
- Then you have to click on Settings > Passwords.
- This selection will give you the option to see, edit, delete or export any password from Chrome Manager.
- See: For this, you have to click on the View and manage saved passwords’ option.
- Edit: You will see the option of ‘Edit Password’ to the right of the website which you need.
- Delete: This step is easy. To delete, click on the delete option of the password which you wish to remove.
Know How to Start or Stop Saving Passwords
Chrome offers you the feature to save all your passwords for easy log in by default. But if you do not want to see this option then by this procedure you can know how to start or stop this element.
- Once again open the application on your phone.
- Choose the ‘more’ option present on the address bar by clicking the three dots.
- Select ‘Passwords’ from the Settings option.
- Just at the start of the list, you will see ‘Save Passwords’. Turn it off or on as you wish.
Receive Alerts to Change your Passwords
Google also gives you alerts to change your password, if while signing in to a new account you are using a username and password combination that has already been compromised on any third-party app. You can check your passwords for this.
This is because any compromised password will result in a data leak and is generally considered unsafe.
Follow these steps to modify any password leaked online in a data leak.
- Click on Check passwords in the Chrome password manager.
- Google will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to change all the compromised passwords.
Google always ensures that the passwords and usernames saved are secured and cannot be read by any virus program. If you wish to know more about Google Saved passwords, then do visit: emailspedia.com website. We hope that the information provided has helped you.